Checklist before launching
- 4 oars
- swivels, pins, lanyards
- anchor, chain and line in boat, tied on and ready to run out freely
- bung with rubber washer in place and spare bung tied to gunwale
- spare water
- painter/towline tied on
- rudder, lines and rudder pin
- seat cushions
- boat hull undamaged
- boat sitting properly on trolley (keel in notches, cradle in line with boat frame)
- lifejacket/buoyancy aids for all
- report any damage or missing items so they can be fixed
- Have you put the row in the calendar?
- Time of tide?
- Does someone know your plans and approximate time of return? (remember to tell them when you get back)
Have a great row!